Update

We're still sick here. Thad actually called in sick to work today for only the 2nd time in the last 4 years! So I sent him to the dr. Hopefully he will come home with some medicine that will get rid of this. Titus and Raquelle both have it too. I started Raquelle on vitamin C and echinacea and air born yesterday and so far she only has a clear runny nose and still seems perfectly happy. Hopefully that means she isn't going to get it bad like Thad and I. Thad says his has spread to a sinus infection and possibly bronchitis too. Titus has the runny nose and a sore throat. The sore throat is the worst. It makes feeding very traumatic for him. He has to stop and fuss or cry in between every swallow. He is too young to stuff full of the vitamins like I am doing with Raquelle. I'm finally feeling better. I started on antibiotics yesterday for mastitis and the antibiotics seem to be helping this sickness too. I'm optimistic that Thad will come home with meds too and in a couple days we will be feeling tons better. I'm praying Titus and Raquelle both stay at the level of just a head cold and that it passes quickly for them.

Titus will be 1 month old tomorrow! Where has the time gone? I weighed and measured him last night. He is now about 11 lbs (on our scale at home) and is 23.5 inches long (1.5 inches taller then Raquelle at 2 months old). He is well into his 3 to 6 month clothes and it looks like we may be moving up to size 2 diapers in the next week.

Edited to add: Thad just got back from the dr. He does have both a sinus infection and bronchitis. They gave him 3 prescriptions. One antibiotic, one expectorant for during the day to clear his lungs, and codine cough syrup to take at night to help him sleep. I'm going to have one doped up husband for a while! I also realized that antibiotics do go through breast milk. So I'm nursing Titus and pumping for Raquelle so both kids can get low doses of my antibiotics through that. I'm sure Thad and I will be much better over the weekend and hopefully the kids will be too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!