Pizza and blocks

Pizza story
I have lots to write about today. I guess I will start with a funny story. Thad and I decided to rent a movie tonight to have a home date night. Next door to the video store is a pizza place. On a whim, thad went in to see what their pizza cost. It was more then we were willing to spend, but the craving had been created. We both thought that there should be some place on Commercial with a $5 1 topping pizza or something. Soon enough, we came to Dommino's and they had their large 2 topping pizza's for $5.99. So we stopped to get a pizza. This was a take out only place and we walked into what looked probably the busiest hour of their busiest day. After standing at the counter for about a few min we realized that most of the people were waiting to pick up pizzas and had called in their order. No one was stepping up to take an order. We waited and waited and still no one took our order. So, Thad dialed their phone number off of thier add. The guy right accross the counter from him answered the phone without looking up. Thad said he'd like to order a pizza and the guy asked if he could hold and Thad said yes. The guy went on answering calls, giving the pizza's to the delivory drivers who were there and doing paper work. After a short time the guy picked up the phone and asked Thad if he could keep holding and Thad said yes and he went back on hold. After a few minutes of being on hold while he was standing right accross the counter, Thad read the guys name tag and said, "Hey Fred (name has been edited), can I order this?" The guy said sure and still didn't look up. Thad then said "ok, then I can get off of hold". Thad hung up the phone and "Fred" noticed the hold light stopped blinking. He finally looked up at Thad and said "what was it you wanted again". The moral of the story is, either call first to order your pizza, or don't go in during rush hour on a Friday.

Baby update
Raquelle has learned all sorts of new things lately. Today, we were playing with some colored blocks and just for fun I was telling her what color they all were. After a while, I asked her "Can you find a blue block" and she picked up a blue block and put it in her mouth. Then I asked her "can you find a green block" and she picked up a green block and started chewing on it. This was very exciting to me so I continued "can you find a red block?" and she did. She got the red block and slobbered on it. I asked her "Can you find the yellow block?" and she put down the red block and grabbed a stuffed penguin. I guess it does have a yellow beak... We tried the same game later in the day and she didn't get any of them wrong but before this I hadn't even thought of trying to teach her colors or shapes or anything yet. We are going to have fun with this.

Later this afternoon, when we were getting ready to go out, Raquelle was in her play pen standing up as usual, and she let go! She let go and stood there holding on to nothing for about 5 seconds, then lost her balance and grabbed back on to the edge of the playpen.

Then, when we were waiting for our pizza, Raquelle caught her reflection in the window. She said "hi" and waved to herself! I just started working on waving last week. She has also told her stuffed animals hi and waved to them, and the mirror, and her reflection in the car window.

This is a fun stage for us. Every day she is discovering something new and it's great!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Enjoy this stage of Raquelle as much as possible because it doesn't last for long. I bet she is going to keep you very busy.
Jennifer said…
Raquelle seems as sharp as a tack! You probably could start teaching her baby sign, and be "talking" to her within a month. Unless she starts talking, too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!