First step!

You had to know this one was coming soon! Raquelle took her first official steps today! I was trying to measure her to see how tall she is and she just wouldn't hold still. So I got this idea to stand her up against the wall and try to do it that way. She never did stand still enough for me to measure, but I did notice her balance was very good against the wall. So I backed up a couple feet and held my arms out and told her "come here!" After a min or so of coaxing, she leaned forward and took a step! Then she took another step and fell over and I caught her. I told her "YEAH!!" and tossed her in the air and we went to try it again. The second time, she just threw herself face first forward. I did catch her. I think she thought the "yeah" was for falling down not taking 2 steps! Anyway, we now have a new game to work on walking! She will be 8 months old on Sunday. Her dr predicted she'd be a 8 month walker and I agree. Sometime in the month that she is 8 months old, I think she will master walking! Maybe not this week, but I'm sure it will happen this month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!