Hospital trip

We ended up going to the hospital last night. I had been having very regular strong braxton hicks (I think) all day, but then in the evening they became much more painful and very consistant. I started timeing them and they were 3 min apart so we called the dr. She said to go to labor and delivory right away. We got to the hospital, I had a contraction on the way in, in the hall and another one in the bathroom when I was changing into my hospital gown.

They put me on the moniters for about half an hour and said "yup, you're having contractions". So I got a shot of some drug (triputaline?) to stop the contractions. That made me really sick and dizzy. Then they put me on an IV and did some test to see if I was going to have the baby any time soon. The test was negative, so no baby in the next 2 weeks. By the time all the IV fluids were in me, I was feeling better and the shot had stopped the contractions, so we were sent home. It is very comforting knowing not to expect her in the next 2 weeks, but I'm still a bit concerned that she could be pretty early. So, for now we are praying that I make it to February so that she will be a bit bigger then she is now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Girl!

This last weekend