A mothers work is never done!

~I did 5 loads of laundry yesterday, but one of the kids had an accident so there is more to do today.
~I cleaned the kitchen, but then I made lunch...and snack.
~I picked up the kids toys, but they got them out again.
~I swept the floor, but they spilt their cereal.
~I cleaned the bathroom, but then my toddler used it...enough said.
~I changed a diaper, they pooped again.
~I vacuumed, but they tracked dirt in from playing outside.
~I fed them, they are hungry again.
~I put away clean laundry, then they dug through their dressers looking for their favorite outfit...clean laundry is now on the bedroom floors.

So, when you come to my house (or any mothers house) and see toys on the floor, food under the table, laundry on the couch, or dishes on the counter, don't assume it's because I've done nothing...because I have also...

~Kissed an owie, then I kissed it again, and again, and again, because apparently once isn't enough.
~Read them their favorite book...5 times today.
~Colored a picture
~Sang a song and acted silly
~Made a turtle out of play doh
~Rocked an upset toddler
~Comforted a teething baby

And so much more.  A mothers work truly is never done!  Thus, when they all go down for their naps, I will probably curl up on the couch with a cup of tea and a book and have my own little time out while they sleep, rather then repeating all the house work again.  By the end of the day, everything I cleaned earlier will be a disaster again.  But it is worth it.  Soon, they  will be old enough to be more of a help (Raquelle already does a good job cleaning up toys).  I can't say that I will miss doing everything for them at all, but I will miss them being little. 

Comments

Robyn said…
Ah, I love this! Well said!
Kim Pace said…
Right on!

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!