Final preparations

It is time to get all those last minute things done in preparation for this baby. I have a list a mile long on the refrigerator and we only crossed 3 things off of it today! I have put chocolate chip cookies, apple cinnamon muffins, and oatmeal raisin cookies into the freezer for Thad and I put 1 dinner in there for us so far. Today I got the baby's closet all organized and Thad vacuumed and swept and mopped and we got all dishes caught up. Tomorrow I hope to tackle the other two closets and get our room organized.

Of course in the midst of all of this, I had to make one last attempt to go into labor on my own before Tuesdays induction. So I took a nasty shot of Castor Oil. I tried to take it straight, and instantly threw it back up. So I tried again taking it mixed into a smoothie. I was able to get that down. It made me sick for a few hours, and then by about 2:00 I started having contractions. They have been 4 to 5 min apart most of the day, but not strong enough to go to the hospital. Then, around dinner time they stopped. I was about to write this off as a failed attempt, but just in the last hour, they have started back up again. They are little stronger this time, but still not strong enough to warrant a trip to Labor and Delivery. I would be absolutely thrilled if this baby decides to come on its own before Tuesday so I can avoid the pitocin....but at the same time, I just absolutely can not stomach another shot of Castor Oil to try to keep things going. YUCK!

Comments

Elsie said…
I know a woman at church who induced her labor by going on an hour or so walk. It might have been longer. I know it was a pretty long walk.. So if you tried walking.. just walk waaaaaay longer!! Goodluck! I can't wait to see baby pictures!

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!