EEK!

I'm 8 months pregnant and have to find a new Dr! How frustrating and stressful! I've been really frustrated anyway because my last 3 appointments have been canceled on me. 1st, they scheduled me for while she was teaching a class at the hospital, and waited till the day before to call to reschedule. 2nd, she had a family emergency and canceled all her apts for that day. 3rd, she was delivering a baby. I was suppose to finally have a check up tomorrow, and they called today to tell me that she is no longer practicing! Due to some personal and family issues, she has decided to stop practicing! They offered me a list of other OB's in the area and that was it! So, here I am, 8 months pregnant and haven't had a dr apt in the last 2 months and now have no dr! I am so beyond frustrated! If there is anything wrong with this baby or pregnancy, I have no way of knowing because I haven't seen a dr in so long! At least I can feel the baby moving so I know it is still alive in there.

A friend of mine has a friend who is an OB and she told me to call her office. It is a husband and wife who practice together. He is the primary care physician and she is an OB. I called their office and explained what happened. They are out of town this week, but were able to get me an apointment with the husband on Monday. I think it would be the wife who is an OB who would actually deliver my baby, but the soonest opening they had for a basic check up was with him. I'm frustrated about having to go to a differnt dr office, let alone a male dr...but I guess at the same time I am thankful that I was able to find someone who can see me next week.

Comments

Elsie said…
WOW! Yeah that's is frustrating!! I'm sorry to hear about that. It is good that you were able to find some one but still hard to have to make such sudden changes so late in the pregnancy..
Kim Pace said…
That is frustrating. At least my OB retiring was a bit earlier in the pregnancy and had a guy in the same office to take me. It is stressfull though. You would think the least the office could do is refer their patients to other dr's. I hope all goes smoothly here on out!
Anonymous said…
nhvvvvvvvhu hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh B VBR DEThbAzAbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!