Potty Training
Thus the journey begins. Raquelle can take off her pants, take off her diaper, hide in the corner and poop on the floor. Then she will bring me the clean diaper and say "uh oh, pee!" The other ladies at Mops have all encouraged me that this is a sign that she needs to potty train. She has been going potty on the potty for a while when we take her, but I just haven't pushed it because she is so young still. I realize that if we start now, most likely it will be a longer more involved process then if we wait. Also, if we succeed so young, she basically will be able to tell us she needs to go potty and will probably still need us to take her and help her when she goes. Still, the thought of being done with diapers is appealing.
So, we did a test yesterday. When she woke up in the morning I took her potty. Then I put panties on her. We went and sat on the potty about every 40 min or so all morning. By nap time, the panties were still dry, but she also had not gone on the toilet. I put her in a diaper for nap time. Of course, she went in the diaper. When I got her up, I put the potty chair in the living room, put her little leggings on her with a long sleeved shirt and left her little bottom naked and told her to go potty on the potty when she needs to go. An hour and a half later, all she had done was toot on the toilet. So, I gave her a nice full sippy cup of the soy milk she loves so much. 20 min after that, she suddenly stopped playing yelled "POTTY!" ran over sat down on her little potty chair and went potty. I was so proud of her! Of course I gave her a treat and told her what a good girl she was. 20 min after that, she started crying and saying "no no, pee!" as it was running down her legs. I picked her up and ran her to the potty to finish and cleaned up the mess. Then I decided with all the fluid I had given her maybe we should put her panties w/ plastic pants back on to protect the floor and furniture. Anyway, that was day 1 in the adventures in potty training. Since she did go and take herself potty when she needed to go, I have decided to continue. We are potty training in cloth training pants (thick undies with vinyl outside lining) for now and will probably pick up some actual panties and "rubber pants" to use as well. I want her to understand that her undies are different then her diaper and that she isn't suppose to pee in them.
1 more quick story before I let you go. As Raquelle was running and playing bottomless, she started tooting. She stopped running, said "no no pee!" and went and sat on her potty to finish tooting. Then she jumped up and proudly said "all done!"
Anyway, I haven't told her no no yet when she wets her undies. Thad and I both agreed that since we are potty training young that at this age there will not be any discipline for accidents, so she came up with that on her own. I guess that means she understands what she is suppose to do.
So, we did a test yesterday. When she woke up in the morning I took her potty. Then I put panties on her. We went and sat on the potty about every 40 min or so all morning. By nap time, the panties were still dry, but she also had not gone on the toilet. I put her in a diaper for nap time. Of course, she went in the diaper. When I got her up, I put the potty chair in the living room, put her little leggings on her with a long sleeved shirt and left her little bottom naked and told her to go potty on the potty when she needs to go. An hour and a half later, all she had done was toot on the toilet. So, I gave her a nice full sippy cup of the soy milk she loves so much. 20 min after that, she suddenly stopped playing yelled "POTTY!" ran over sat down on her little potty chair and went potty. I was so proud of her! Of course I gave her a treat and told her what a good girl she was. 20 min after that, she started crying and saying "no no, pee!" as it was running down her legs. I picked her up and ran her to the potty to finish and cleaned up the mess. Then I decided with all the fluid I had given her maybe we should put her panties w/ plastic pants back on to protect the floor and furniture. Anyway, that was day 1 in the adventures in potty training. Since she did go and take herself potty when she needed to go, I have decided to continue. We are potty training in cloth training pants (thick undies with vinyl outside lining) for now and will probably pick up some actual panties and "rubber pants" to use as well. I want her to understand that her undies are different then her diaper and that she isn't suppose to pee in them.
1 more quick story before I let you go. As Raquelle was running and playing bottomless, she started tooting. She stopped running, said "no no pee!" and went and sat on her potty to finish tooting. Then she jumped up and proudly said "all done!"
Anyway, I haven't told her no no yet when she wets her undies. Thad and I both agreed that since we are potty training young that at this age there will not be any discipline for accidents, so she came up with that on her own. I guess that means she understands what she is suppose to do.
Comments