Updates
Sorry it's been so long since I have posted. The kids have been keeping me busy and we've been having one disaster after another here. The refrigerator died. We had to transfer all the food to coolers while a temporary replacement was brought over. The temporary one didn't fit in the spot in the kitchen, so they left it in the living room! It has been there for 2 weeks now! The old fridge can't be fixed so we will be getting a new one but who knows when. Then...the ceiling in the kitchen started leaking in several places. Our landlord has "temporarily" fixed the leak, but still needs to do some more work to make the fix permanent, and now the dry wall on the cealing is soft and cracked and looks like it is pealing. Then...today I went to put Titus on his play mat, and there was the hugest hobo spider I have ever seen! Seriously, I'm not exaggerating when I say it was as big around as a tennis ball (there was one sitting next to it). If I wasn't so freaked out by it, I would have gotten a picture...but the are poisonous and I have small children. I didn't know if it would actually die if I used a paper towel to kill it, so I smashed it with a shoe instead. I'm still freaked out that there was a venomous spider inside our home! I'm worried about where the next one will show up...In Raquelle's crib...on the changing table...In Titus' walker or bouncy...in my shoes...Ugh. I think it's time to move. Last time there were creatures that we did not want to co-habitate with we moved (mice). Unfortunately this time that does not look like it is an option within the next few months.
The kids are doing great...
Titus:
Titus rolled front to back last week! Now he rolls over from back to front almost as soon as you set him down. We have successfully weaned him from sleeping in the swing and are currently working on weaning him from his swaddle. He slept unswaddled for the first time last night and woke up 2 times to eat and 3 times for his paci. We have also moved Titus out of the living room and into our room. He will be moving from his play pen into a crib in the next week or so. He will stay in our room until he is sleeping through the night consistantly and is on the same bed tine routine as Raquellle...then they will share a room. He is starting to scoot a little, but so far is usually found within 3 to 4 feet of where I set him down. He is starting to out grow some of his 6-9 month clothes and when I dress him in 12 month stuff, it does not look too big. He is 4 months old now, but we are putting off his 4 month check up for a couple weeks so we can take both kids in together for their well child check ups and shots.
Raquelle:
Raquelle is teething like crazy. Her last 2 front teeth, all four eye teeth and four molars are coming through. 3 of them are through, 4 of them I can see white tips poking through, and the last 3 are still bumps under her swollen gums. Of course, this means she has been very fussy and clingy. She has weaned from the high chair and now eats at the table in a booster chair. She is successfully eating with a fork and unsuccessfully attempting to use a spoon. We are still working on not throwing her plate when she is done eating. Discipline seems to be working well. She is responding better when we tell her no. I can tell her to go to her room, and she will go to her room and shut the door behind her. Of course, with all her toys in there, that's more of a break for me then a punishment for her. She is currently wearing size 24 month / 2T, but still has a few 18 month items that ran big that she can wear. She is starting to ask to sit on her potty chair. Of course I let her whenever she wants to, but she usually doesn't actually go. We will probably wait another 6 months or so before we do any real potty training. Oh...and she is about 24.5 lbs now.
Max:
Max is fat and happy as always. He would like for Raquelle to throw her plate more often and to be taken on longer walks. Other then that, he says life is good. He is on a high protein diet of flies, mosquitos and spiders...supplemented with his dog food. :)
Thad:
Thad is on 10 hour minimums at work and is frequently working 11 or 12 hours days including Saturdays lately...so we don't see much of him. Raquelle constantly asks "where dada?" and I tell her every time he's at work. He picks blackberries on his lunch break and I am stocking the freezer with pie filling. By the end of blackberry season, we hope to have the next years worth of pies ready to go.
Me:
I've lost all the baby weight from Titus, but I think the weight I have is now fat instead of the muscle I had before having babies. I can fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes now, but still want to lose another 20 lbs or so. Pretty much my days are spent taking care of my kids and trying to wash a few dishes. Whenever I can on evenings or weekends, I am building my Artistry business (Artistry is one of the top 5 cosmetic brands in the world right now!). Thad won't be working long hours forever and when we get to the off season, I need to be able to make up the difference since he won't have that over time. So, if you live in the area and want to host a "Beauty Break" for me, let me know. I'll give you 20% off your order for hosting (and thank you to those who already have hosted for me!)
Well...that's about all for now. If you read this entire post, I'm impressed. I promise, I'll put up new pictures with my next post.
The kids are doing great...
Titus:
Titus rolled front to back last week! Now he rolls over from back to front almost as soon as you set him down. We have successfully weaned him from sleeping in the swing and are currently working on weaning him from his swaddle. He slept unswaddled for the first time last night and woke up 2 times to eat and 3 times for his paci. We have also moved Titus out of the living room and into our room. He will be moving from his play pen into a crib in the next week or so. He will stay in our room until he is sleeping through the night consistantly and is on the same bed tine routine as Raquellle...then they will share a room. He is starting to scoot a little, but so far is usually found within 3 to 4 feet of where I set him down. He is starting to out grow some of his 6-9 month clothes and when I dress him in 12 month stuff, it does not look too big. He is 4 months old now, but we are putting off his 4 month check up for a couple weeks so we can take both kids in together for their well child check ups and shots.
Raquelle:
Raquelle is teething like crazy. Her last 2 front teeth, all four eye teeth and four molars are coming through. 3 of them are through, 4 of them I can see white tips poking through, and the last 3 are still bumps under her swollen gums. Of course, this means she has been very fussy and clingy. She has weaned from the high chair and now eats at the table in a booster chair. She is successfully eating with a fork and unsuccessfully attempting to use a spoon. We are still working on not throwing her plate when she is done eating. Discipline seems to be working well. She is responding better when we tell her no. I can tell her to go to her room, and she will go to her room and shut the door behind her. Of course, with all her toys in there, that's more of a break for me then a punishment for her. She is currently wearing size 24 month / 2T, but still has a few 18 month items that ran big that she can wear. She is starting to ask to sit on her potty chair. Of course I let her whenever she wants to, but she usually doesn't actually go. We will probably wait another 6 months or so before we do any real potty training. Oh...and she is about 24.5 lbs now.
Max:
Max is fat and happy as always. He would like for Raquelle to throw her plate more often and to be taken on longer walks. Other then that, he says life is good. He is on a high protein diet of flies, mosquitos and spiders...supplemented with his dog food. :)
Thad:
Thad is on 10 hour minimums at work and is frequently working 11 or 12 hours days including Saturdays lately...so we don't see much of him. Raquelle constantly asks "where dada?" and I tell her every time he's at work. He picks blackberries on his lunch break and I am stocking the freezer with pie filling. By the end of blackberry season, we hope to have the next years worth of pies ready to go.
Me:
I've lost all the baby weight from Titus, but I think the weight I have is now fat instead of the muscle I had before having babies. I can fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes now, but still want to lose another 20 lbs or so. Pretty much my days are spent taking care of my kids and trying to wash a few dishes. Whenever I can on evenings or weekends, I am building my Artistry business (Artistry is one of the top 5 cosmetic brands in the world right now!). Thad won't be working long hours forever and when we get to the off season, I need to be able to make up the difference since he won't have that over time. So, if you live in the area and want to host a "Beauty Break" for me, let me know. I'll give you 20% off your order for hosting (and thank you to those who already have hosted for me!)
Well...that's about all for now. If you read this entire post, I'm impressed. I promise, I'll put up new pictures with my next post.
Comments
It was fun hearing how everyone is doing. Pray that God will show you any poisonous spiders so there won't be any unpleasant surprizes. He's interested in every part of our life after all. :o) ...Debbie Johanesen