My big boy!

Thad and I were down in Eugene this weekend. I dropped him and the kids off at Jeb's house (with their 6 month old twins) and Melissa and I took off to a beauty break. We had tons of fun leaving the guys with 3 babies and a toddler! They had the type of scale that you weigh babies on at the dr office (I'm assuming to keep track of their twins growth), so we weighed Titus on it. Are you ready for this? He was 17 lbs 4 oz!!! He is also now 27 inches tall! He was taller then both of the twins, their boy out weighed Titus by a lb or so.

Along with having a big baby, comes having a very hungry baby! Titus has started taking 8 oz at a time, and then crying an hour later. I can hear his tummy growling 45 min after I feed him. I know it's not my milk supply, because I can pump 12 to 16 oz at a time! So, we decided to see what he thought of baby cereal since he just isn't staying full on his milk. The first time I fed him, he just smiled at me and it all fell out of his mouth. I doubt he swallowed any of it that time. The 2nd time, he ate the entire bowl I had made up! I had originally planned on delaying solids with him. So much for that idea. I do think that we will only feed him rice cereal for now and delay everything else until 6 or 7 months old.

His first bite! He liked it!

He kept opening his mouth for more!

Smiling and spitting it back out!

Ok, he's done now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You don't have to do any extra weight lifting with the two kids, do you? Wow, he's growing up so fast. What size is he wearing? With the family allergies, it's smart to stick with just rice at this age. I miss you all! --MT grandma
Beckys blog said…
He's still in 6-9 month, but not for long. 12 month onsies fit now, and some of the 6-9 month pants are starting to be short on him.
Cammy said…
He doesn't LOOK that heavy either!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Girl!

This last weekend