The forgotten blog
Though I had good intentions to keep this blog active and post a couple times every month, the reality is that at 35 weeks pregnant, with 3 kids of my own plus daycare, it isn't exactly at the top of my agenda. Things are starting to wind down now and the reality of how close Annabelle's birth is is starting to set in. 2 of my daycare kids are gone for the summer now. I have a week and a half left with the other one and then I am off for 2 months. Awana is done for the summer, this last swimming lesson session is done, Bible study is done and life is starting to slow down for the summer. It's nice to have things a little slower paced, especially since I am moving at a little slower pace these days.
I am amazed at this pregnancy. I thought the end would be really hard because I had a hard time from about 26 to 30 weeks pregnant. I had hip pain, sacroiliac issues, SPD, fatigue, etc. However, now at 35 weeks pregnant, I actually feel better then I did when I wasn't pregnant! I thank my midwives for that. I believe I am healthier now then I was 9 months ago because of them. They helped me discover low vitamin D levels, in spite of the fact that I was already taking a vitamin D supplement. They doubled my dose and it was amazing the difference! They discovered my thyroid was slightly low. They sent the lab results to my dr who said it was fine. Since it was low, they helped me learn that adding more iodine into my diet can help with thyroid function. We retested and now my levels are normal. I got a new water bottle that is easier to drink out of and have been drinking about 150 oz of water or flavored water a day. They took me off of gluten (though I do cheat on that one every couple weeks or so) and sugar (cheat on that one sometimes too.) they put me on a high dose of probiotics and a garlic supplement since I can't cook with garlic. All these things combined have added up to me feeling incredibly good.
I specifically recall with my other pregnancies dreading every morning that I woke up still pregnant in that last 5 weeks or so. that's not the case this time. I am excited to meet my little girl and welcome her into this world, but I am content to wait and let her decide when she is ready for that....instead of trying all the natural ways to make myself go into labor with my other kids.
In the mean time, I am working on organizing anything I can get my hands on. I finished making the baby blanket and 2 matching hats. Now I need to get my room cleaned out and organized and get everyones bags packed for the big day. I'm also working on getting ahead on the kids school. Titus is learning to read, Raquelle reads very well, but needs to work more on number recognition with the higher numbers (flash cards). Kezzy is just playing and having fun and will start preschool in the fall. If they are all a little ahead, then I won't feel bad if we miss a day of lessons to take care of a needy newborn.
Anyway...that is the current life update. Coming soon...the first u-pick farms are opening this weekend! We want to restock our supply of cherries, apples and pears primarily this season. Of course, the cherries will be ripe right in the middle of July when the baby is due. I hope that I am feeling well enough to still go out and pick 100 lbs or so and process them for the coming year!
I am amazed at this pregnancy. I thought the end would be really hard because I had a hard time from about 26 to 30 weeks pregnant. I had hip pain, sacroiliac issues, SPD, fatigue, etc. However, now at 35 weeks pregnant, I actually feel better then I did when I wasn't pregnant! I thank my midwives for that. I believe I am healthier now then I was 9 months ago because of them. They helped me discover low vitamin D levels, in spite of the fact that I was already taking a vitamin D supplement. They doubled my dose and it was amazing the difference! They discovered my thyroid was slightly low. They sent the lab results to my dr who said it was fine. Since it was low, they helped me learn that adding more iodine into my diet can help with thyroid function. We retested and now my levels are normal. I got a new water bottle that is easier to drink out of and have been drinking about 150 oz of water or flavored water a day. They took me off of gluten (though I do cheat on that one every couple weeks or so) and sugar (cheat on that one sometimes too.) they put me on a high dose of probiotics and a garlic supplement since I can't cook with garlic. All these things combined have added up to me feeling incredibly good.
I specifically recall with my other pregnancies dreading every morning that I woke up still pregnant in that last 5 weeks or so. that's not the case this time. I am excited to meet my little girl and welcome her into this world, but I am content to wait and let her decide when she is ready for that....instead of trying all the natural ways to make myself go into labor with my other kids.
In the mean time, I am working on organizing anything I can get my hands on. I finished making the baby blanket and 2 matching hats. Now I need to get my room cleaned out and organized and get everyones bags packed for the big day. I'm also working on getting ahead on the kids school. Titus is learning to read, Raquelle reads very well, but needs to work more on number recognition with the higher numbers (flash cards). Kezzy is just playing and having fun and will start preschool in the fall. If they are all a little ahead, then I won't feel bad if we miss a day of lessons to take care of a needy newborn.
Anyway...that is the current life update. Coming soon...the first u-pick farms are opening this weekend! We want to restock our supply of cherries, apples and pears primarily this season. Of course, the cherries will be ripe right in the middle of July when the baby is due. I hope that I am feeling well enough to still go out and pick 100 lbs or so and process them for the coming year!
Comments