Little talker
At Keziah's last check up, her dr told me that she has the vocabulary of a 3 year old. I believe it! She talks more then any of my other kids at this age...however, with that vocabulary of a 3 year old comes the tact of a 1 1/2 yr old. Here are some of the things she has been saying lately.
Kez - "I love you!"
Me - "I love you too."
Kez - "No mommy! I love you waffle!" (points at the waffle iron)
As I am chasing Kezzy down the hall with a rag after dinner
Me - "Kezzy, where do you think you're going?"
Kez - stopps..."Um, I don't know...church?"
Playing with her little friend
Kez - "Ring round rosies, posies, ashes, fall down! (pause) Stand up Charlotte! Again!"
Potty training...she comes running into the kitchen -
"Help mommy, Help...Oh no! Poopies!"
She also has "That's not nice" and "Be nice to me" down quite well. She calls any bird the flies in the sky a "Seagull" and any bird she sees run or walk across the ground is a "chicken"
A few other common phrases we hear -
"Potty now again!"
"Read the book"
"Hungy hungy hungy...snack time"
"Mommy, milk in my sippy cup please"
"I don't know!" (for just about any question she is asked)
It is nice that she can tell me what she needs. I believe we are having fewer tantrums and discipline issues with her because of her advanced communication. If she starts to cry, I can ask her what she needs and she can answer hungry, or milk, or owie, or Ty hit, or whatever she needs to. Once she has communicated her concern, she usually stops crying and is happy.
Kez - "I love you!"
Me - "I love you too."
Kez - "No mommy! I love you waffle!" (points at the waffle iron)
As I am chasing Kezzy down the hall with a rag after dinner
Me - "Kezzy, where do you think you're going?"
Kez - stopps..."Um, I don't know...church?"
Playing with her little friend
Kez - "Ring round rosies, posies, ashes, fall down! (pause) Stand up Charlotte! Again!"
Potty training...she comes running into the kitchen -
"Help mommy, Help...Oh no! Poopies!"
She also has "That's not nice" and "Be nice to me" down quite well. She calls any bird the flies in the sky a "Seagull" and any bird she sees run or walk across the ground is a "chicken"
A few other common phrases we hear -
"Potty now again!"
"Read the book"
"Hungy hungy hungy...snack time"
"Mommy, milk in my sippy cup please"
"I don't know!" (for just about any question she is asked)
It is nice that she can tell me what she needs. I believe we are having fewer tantrums and discipline issues with her because of her advanced communication. If she starts to cry, I can ask her what she needs and she can answer hungry, or milk, or owie, or Ty hit, or whatever she needs to. Once she has communicated her concern, she usually stops crying and is happy.
Comments