Here we go again!
I had planned on waiting until after our trip to San Diego this summer to potty train Titus because I did not want to have a 2 year old in underwear needing stops every hour on the drive. It has now become apparent that he is not willing to wait that long to be done with his diapers. Titus looks up to Raquelle. He copies everything she does. At a church potluck a couple weeks ago, the kids were all running laps around the big room. Raquelle tripped and fell. She said "OWE!" and got up and kept running. When Titus got to the spot she fell, he sat down, said "OWE" got up and kept running.
About 2 weeks ago, Titus noticed something. He noticed that Raquelle wears panties and he doesn't. He noticed that she goes potty on the toilet and he doesn't. And he started having fits about having to wear a diaper because he wanted "panties" like Raquelle. He started telling me over and over "Ty big boy! Ty Pannies!" So we went to the store and bought some "big boy Underwear" for him and started sitting him on the toilet. He got to wear his underwear a couple times for very short spirts before he peed them and had to wear a diaper. He was very interested in sitting on the toilet, but didn't seem to really know what it was for. Then he got sick so we stopped. When he got better, he started insisting that he needed his "big boy pannies". So I started letting him wear them in the evening when there were no daycare kids. 2 days ago, I finally caught him in the act of peeing them. I knew this would have to happen for him to understand what the toilet was for. I said "NO!" and picked him up and put him on the toilet. About 20 min later, the same thing. Another 20 later, and in his 3rd pair of underware for the evening, Titus jumped down from the table and ran by me into the bathroom. So I followed him and helped him up onto the toilet, and he peed! YEAH! Last night was the same. After wetting his underware twice, he went on the toilet the rest of the evening.
That brings us to today. This morning, I got his clean diaper out and was going to get him dressed and he Thew himself on floor and started crying "No Diaper, No diaper!" I asked "Do you want a diaper or your big boy underware?" He said "Big boy pannies!" So I told him if he pees in them he will have to wear a diaper. It has now been 3 hours, he is in the same pair of underware, and he has gone on the toilet three times! No accidents yet today. Much to my surprise, I think this boy is going to be daytime potty trained this week!
About 2 weeks ago, Titus noticed something. He noticed that Raquelle wears panties and he doesn't. He noticed that she goes potty on the toilet and he doesn't. And he started having fits about having to wear a diaper because he wanted "panties" like Raquelle. He started telling me over and over "Ty big boy! Ty Pannies!" So we went to the store and bought some "big boy Underwear" for him and started sitting him on the toilet. He got to wear his underwear a couple times for very short spirts before he peed them and had to wear a diaper. He was very interested in sitting on the toilet, but didn't seem to really know what it was for. Then he got sick so we stopped. When he got better, he started insisting that he needed his "big boy pannies". So I started letting him wear them in the evening when there were no daycare kids. 2 days ago, I finally caught him in the act of peeing them. I knew this would have to happen for him to understand what the toilet was for. I said "NO!" and picked him up and put him on the toilet. About 20 min later, the same thing. Another 20 later, and in his 3rd pair of underware for the evening, Titus jumped down from the table and ran by me into the bathroom. So I followed him and helped him up onto the toilet, and he peed! YEAH! Last night was the same. After wetting his underware twice, he went on the toilet the rest of the evening.
That brings us to today. This morning, I got his clean diaper out and was going to get him dressed and he Thew himself on floor and started crying "No Diaper, No diaper!" I asked "Do you want a diaper or your big boy underware?" He said "Big boy pannies!" So I told him if he pees in them he will have to wear a diaper. It has now been 3 hours, he is in the same pair of underware, and he has gone on the toilet three times! No accidents yet today. Much to my surprise, I think this boy is going to be daytime potty trained this week!
Comments