2 weeks old

Keziah is 2 weeks old today! Yeah! We had her 2 week check up this afternoon and spent way too much time there. The nurse was running behind, so although we only saw the dr for 10 min, we sat and waited for the nurse for about 40. It was very frustrating. Keziah weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and is 20.5 inches long. I still think it is funny that at birth the nurse who measured her said that she was 23 inches tall! Should I be concerned that she shrunk 2.5 inches in her first 2 weeks of life? (Kidding). Anyway, She is kind of slow growing, so we have to go back in 2 weeks again. They wanted her to be over 8 lbs today and she was a little short. She did grow, so we get to go in 2 weeks instead of 1. The Dr wants her to be 9 lbs by her next check up now. I personally think she is doing just fine and she is just petite. Anyway, her jaundice is all better. She has blocked tear ducts in both eyes...nothing to worry about, but it means she has goopy eyes until they open. And of course, she still has thrush....as do I now. I think we will start on the gention violet for that tonight, since we have 2 weeks for the purple to fade before her next check up. (SSSHHH! Don't tell her dr).

Comments

Robyn said…
Hey, Titus shrunk too! They measured him at 20 inches at birth and then by 2 weeks he was 18.5. Crazy huh? And, we of course had thrush too... good luck with that!

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!