Titus's feet
Titus has funny feet. I thought when he first started walking along furniture that he looked a little bow legged. As he learned to walk, he kind of had a funny awkward look to his walk. A couple months ago, we were at the dr because he had a high fever. The dr asked if he always walked like that (looks like his balance is off). I told him yes, he just learned how to walk so he is still a little unstable. Then, 4th of July, my mom (thanks mom), pointed out that he turns his right foot in and drags the top of his foot. No wonder he falls down so much. He has now been walking long enough that I don't think balance is the issue. I finally asked the dr about it yesterday. Titus has an appointment in 2 weeks for evaluation. Depending on how the evaluation goes, it will be decided if he can be treated locally or if we will need to go to the pediatric orthopedist in Portland. Between now and then, they want me to make him wear his shoes on the wrong feet whenever he is awake. This supposedly helps train him over time to keep his feet straight and not turn them in. This also makes it a little more difficult for him to drag the top of his toes too. I'm hoping this can all be taken care of here in town and that we won't need to do any casting or slings. It will depend on if this is just a learned behavior, or if his feet are actually crooked. I prefer to avoid medical trips to Portland if at all possible, but in the end, of course we do what is best for Titus, not what is most convenient (or least expensive) for us.
In the mean time, it will be fun explaining to anyone who asks about his shoes that no, they are not on the wrong feet. They are suppose to be like that! ;)
In the mean time, it will be fun explaining to anyone who asks about his shoes that no, they are not on the wrong feet. They are suppose to be like that! ;)
Comments
I thought she had just figured out the whole shoe thing on her own, I bet she thought so too!