Kid news

Awana started last night.  Both Titus and Raquelle loved it.  Titus was thrilled that he is big enough to go with this year.  Raquelle's vest from last year is missing.  I feel  bad that she is the only one at club not wearing a Cubbies vest.  I am hesitant to buy a new one, because the old one has all of last years awards on it!  Thad and I agreed that if we haven't found the old one by the time she earns her first patch this year, then we will buy her a new one.  It goes later this year then the club we went to last year, so Raquelle was an emotional mess by the time I got her to bed.  She doesn't nap anymore and getting to bed at 9 pm is just too much for her.  I think I am going to start trying to get her to nap again just on Wednesdays.

Our church's choir practices on Wednesday nights during Awana!  How convenient!  I haven't done anything with music since I graduated college with my Bible /  Music degree!  I went last night and really enjoyed it. I think I'll officially join.  It will also give me 1 more thing to do to help develop relationships at church.

The kids are doing great.  They have a little cold right now, but other then that they are good.  Recently, I've really enjoyed going back and reading old posts on my blog.  I've been going back to see what Titus and Raquelle were doing at Kezzy's age, and what Raquelle was doing at Ty's age and such.  It's fun to see those things.  So I thought I should post new things the kids are doing.

Keziah - She's a smart one!  She has a bigger vocabulary then either of her siblings did at this age.  She speaks in multiple 4 to 7 word sentences now.  She sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and ABC's, can count to 12 consecutively, knows all of her letters and most of their sounds, and is potty trained...including nap time and about 75% with over night!  She surprises me every day with the new things she is able to master!

Titus - He is becoming more and more boy.  A year ago, he was playing princess with his sister, now everything he finds is a toy sward.  He loves "swording" bad guys.  He knows all his letters and sounds too and is starting to try to write them now.  He is really into trying to be a "good big brother."  He is quick to offer help for anything Kez can't reach or do on her own.  He is thrilled to be old enough to go to Awana this year.

Raquelle - She is 4 and is reading and writing on a first grade level (according to my friends who are school teachers)!  I had one friend suggest that if we finish the kindergarten level math books this year, that I should have her try to test into first grade next year.  I don't think I will do that since we plan to homeschool.  We did start Kindergarten this month though a year early.  She has math books, readers, a science book and a set of History DVD's to get us through the year.  She loves babies right now and asks pretty much every day for me to have another baby for her.  I am babysitting a baby right now and she is Raquelle's favorite toy.  She sits by the baby and shakes rattles at her, makes faces at her and plays peek-a-boo...then turns and tells me, "Mommy, when do we get to have another baby?  Kezzy doesn't have a baby sister or brother and Ty needs a brother!"

Anyway...that's the updates on the kids.  I'm adding even more to my busy schedule that was posted below.  I don't have daycare kids on Wednesdays, so I took on a leadership position with Ladies Bible Study at my church.  I also joined the choir.  It makes my busy life more busy, but I'm thrilled to be doing something that I really enjoy (choir) and thrilled to be more involved in ministry too.  I am noticing that I am over due for posting pictures.  I'll try to get some up soon...maybe in my next post?

Comments

Kim Pace said…
I didn't realize you majored in music! (Or maybe I just forgot) Is it in singing? Do you play any instruments? I miss music. Our church doesn't have a choir or anything. The town doesn't have anything for a flute player either. I miss that stuff. Missoula had plenty. I hope to give flute lessons again when the boys are older - they'd just get in the way now.
Beckys blog said…
My primary instrument is clarinet. I can also play some piano, violin, and guitar. I like to sing and can stay on key, but I would not make a good soloist.

Popular posts from this blog

Birth Story

2 month check up

Almost a decade!