A family of 4 (Adjustments)
I have to say, now that we have had Titus with us for a week, I believe that having a 3rd child, or even having newborn twins, would be easier then having a new baby and a 13 month old. Raquelle is in to everything (as usual), only now, I'm frequently tied down to a new baby. She is still learning what no means and only sometimes responds to it. This means if she crawls behind the computer desk while I'm nursing and doesn't come out when I tell her to, I have to stop nursing to go get her. At night time, if Raquelle is sleeping well, Titus is up. He'll wake up to eat and not go back to sleep for 3 or 4 hours. If Titus is having a good night and sleeping well, suddenly Raquelle is up either with a tummy ache or a bad dream. So it's not just minimal sleep, we are oporating on basically no sleep. Of course, they couldn't nap at the same time either.
With all this busyness though, I wouldn't have it any other way. Raquelle absolutely adores her little brother. She will crawl up on the couch next to me while I am nursing and kiss him on his arms and legs. She likes to pet his hair and has even tried to feed him her bottle. She shares her toys with him (by setting them on top of him in his bounce seat...have to keep an eye on that one) and squeals with delight when I show him to her first thing in the morning. She has noticed that she is getting a little less attention and is occasionally more fussy because of this, however she has not associated this with her new brother yet.
Raquelle doesn't seem to mind sharing her bedtime story with her little brother, as long as she still gets her book and her snuggle time. Can you tell Titus is hungry?

Now I understand why some families end up with the family bed. When Titus wakes up to feed at 1 AM, he doesn't fall back asleep. If I try to lay him back down he cries. If I put him in bed with us he is content and can either nurse while I sleep, or will just fall back asleep with much less fussing and crying. Thus, we now share our bed. We hope to wean him from this by the time he is a couple months old.
With all this busyness though, I wouldn't have it any other way. Raquelle absolutely adores her little brother. She will crawl up on the couch next to me while I am nursing and kiss him on his arms and legs. She likes to pet his hair and has even tried to feed him her bottle. She shares her toys with him (by setting them on top of him in his bounce seat...have to keep an eye on that one) and squeals with delight when I show him to her first thing in the morning. She has noticed that she is getting a little less attention and is occasionally more fussy because of this, however she has not associated this with her new brother yet.
Raquelle doesn't seem to mind sharing her bedtime story with her little brother, as long as she still gets her book and her snuggle time. Can you tell Titus is hungry?
Now I understand why some families end up with the family bed. When Titus wakes up to feed at 1 AM, he doesn't fall back asleep. If I try to lay him back down he cries. If I put him in bed with us he is content and can either nurse while I sleep, or will just fall back asleep with much less fussing and crying. Thus, we now share our bed. We hope to wean him from this by the time he is a couple months old.
Comments